Thorney Lakes, Muchelney, Somerset TA10 0DW
All tickets on the Gate: Accompanied kids free | Dogs on leads welcome
Cyclists and Walkers £2 and enjoy a free bike MOT OR tea and cake in the Green Info Café
Motorists £10 per car, EVs get free charging but please book when you arrive
The Green Scythe Fair includes the celebrated West Country Scythe Championship, known far and wide for the stupendous and often hilarious feats of haymaking by international scythesmen and women, who mow a swathe through the summer festival scene. It is probably the most authentic, and enjoyable, country fair in all England!
- Scythe training courses (details for 2015 to follow)
- Accompanied children free!
- Dogs on leads welcome
- Limited Car parking on site (priority given to disabled parking and bicycle parking)
- Camping available (see: Thorney Lakes Campsite)
- Come by bike to the Fair, reduce your carbon footprint and enjoy a free bike MOT OR tea and cake in the Green Info Cafe!
The Green Scythe Fair is run by volunteers – we take all reasonable steps to make it a safe environment, but we cannot be held responsible or liable for any loss, damage, theft, illness or injury arising at or as a result of the Fair, however caused. Children remain the responsibility of parents/carers at all times; please keep dogs on leads. Please report all accidents at once to the staff at the Site Info Tent.